Thursday, February 25, 2010

One of the many lessons one learns in prison is, that things are what they are and will be what they will be. Oscar Wilde

I cannot decide if I like that quote or not. Part of me believes in mans/dogs ability to change their future by hard work and determination. However, I have also seen first-hand that sometimes, no matter what you do, things is what they is.

I speak whereof I know. From prison. Or imprisonment. Apparently my appetite for all things lipgloss was a breach of unspoken law. As was the devouring of an ink pen on the couch. And rearranging certain things in certain messy bedrooms. Regardless, I now have ample time for ruminating. And here are some of my "noticings":

Would the truly repentent Tiger Woods please step forward? Hello? Hello?

Hey, Glenn Beck, King Midas called and he wants his Golden Touch back.

Michael Jackson is still dead and no number of nominations for any awards will bring him back to life.

Let me make myself perfectly clear, Mr. President--America does not want your health care plan.

Would Adam Lambert PLEASE go back in the closet--I can't take anymore of the freakshows on Idol.

And finally....wait, is Obama still president? See? Sometimes, things are what they are. And in spite of that, we are still plugging along.

Some of us more freely than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment