Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pampered....

Every girl likes to be pampered. Yes, I'm a girl, regardless of the ridiculous moniker bestowed upon me prior to this home. Brady? As in Tom Brady, the quarterback? Or the Brady Bunch? At twenty pounds, I am a far cry from a "bunch". It's not a feminine name. Not that I suffer from overt feminity, but still, a little TLC is always a good thing. So today I had a wash, a nail job, and a summer haircut. I look goooood, too. It's always great to know that for one day, at least, you look really good. Every gal has a good hair day now and then, just not often enough. Today is a good hair day. That makes it a good day, period.

So that is my word of wisdom for you. Every girl needs a summer pick-me-up. Highlights, a new cut, or a lovely spa pedicure (that is human specific advice--don't even get me started on the preposterous and ridiculous painting of dog's nails...it's makes us look like we recently disembowled a smaller animal). If you are one of the many currently financially challenged, get creative! Part your hair on the opposite side. It adds volume and sometimes shock value. Or pick up a $2 bottle of Pompous Purple polish and give your nails some unexpected zip.

I have so much more to tell you. I've had a brawl with a neighborhood brute, and some absolutely delicious car rides, but those will have to wait. It's amazing how exhausting a day of beauty can be. Not to mention my new intoxicating habit of waking my owners at 5:45 on a summer morning....so it's off to bed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment